March 16, 2012

Seared Salmon with Dill Dijon Sauce

 

I'm making an effort to eat slightly healthier after consuming about a 1,000 tapas and tostadas in Sevilla the other week (not to mention all the lovely wine). I thought I'd get back on track by cutting my portion of girl scout cookies with my morning coffee down to two and trying out A Bitchin Kitchen's Seared Salmon with Dill Dijon Sauce for dinner. I love fish, but am not terribly confident at making it at home, so I manipulated asked for a little help with the preparation of this meal.

The Verdict: This was a great week day dinner. The sauce takes about 5 minutes to make and is rather tasty for something that includes healthy ingredients like greek yogurt, dijon mustard, and fresh dill. You'll even have time to pair the fish with a Greek Salad if you wrangle in an assistant. Mike says the key to cooking the salmon is to keep it moving in the pan for the first few minutes (and yes, you must have your shirt ridiculously unbuttoned as well to ensure success). I plopped the sauce directly on top of my fish, while Mike kept his on the side for dipping. You can't lose either way!

If you're looking for a little added oomph the next time you cook up some fish, pin this one to your dinner board and head over to Annie and Maggie's blog for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment