May 10, 2012

Chiptole Turkey Burgers with Mango Basil Salsa

Sometimes I only think things half way through (Yes, only sometimes Mom). I took some ground turkey out of the freezer to defrost before work to have for dinner. I personally thought I was a genius for planning ahead, but I hadn't quite thought of how I was going to turn it into a meal. Eat a plate of ground meat for dinner? I doubt I would have heard any complaints from Mike, but I wasn't super keen on the idea. I searched for turkey burgers on pinterest and within minutes had a recipe from Pinch of Yum I wanted to try!


The Verdict: My pictures don't do these bad boys justice. The burgers were topped with Lindsay's Nectarine Basil Salsa recipe, which I tweaked by using mango due to a lack of nectarines at my local supermarket. No tears over that substitution. The sweetness of the mango cooled down the heat from the jalapeƱos in the salsa and the adobo sauce in the burgers. It may seem like there are a lot of flavors going on here, but the avocado, chiptole burgers, and mango salsa combine to create a kickin', yet tangy burger. If you're looking for a unique and flavorful burger, pin and try these for dinner. Just make sure that you double the salsa recipe to have enough to eat with tortilla chips on the side!

No comments:

Post a Comment