Ingredient List: Yields 16 bites
* 1 pound of ground beef
* 1/2 onion diced
* 1/2 cup of ketchup
* couple squirts of mustard
* slice 16 pieces of cheese from a block
* relish or pickle slices
* 2 cans of Pillsbury Grand Rolls ( 8 buns in each sleeve)
* 1 egg
* sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 425
1. Brown the beef and onion together and drain.
2. Add the ketchup and mustard to the beef mixture.
3. Flatten and spread the Grand Rolls in your palm.
4. Start by placing the cheese in the roll. Then add a spoonful of the beef mixture. Top off with either a squirt of relish or a dill pickle slice.
5. Fold the roll up into a little bun. The first one will be tricky, but don't give up! You'll figure out what technique works best for you quickly.
6. Place the bun seam side down in a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
7. Brush the tops of all the buns with an egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
These are definitely a crowd pleaser. Dainty enough for girls to enjoy and delicious enough to satisfy guys. Not into burgers? You could fill these up with anything! Buffalo chicken, sloppy joe mix, pizza mixture! Don't skimp out on the egg wash. It really gives the buns a nice brown glazy appearance and tasty texture. My friends and I chanted "Burger Bites" the whole way home on a Saturday night in anticipation of eating the left overs.
Don't be afraid to tweak ideas you find online! Go ahead and pin any 3 of these burger creations or create your own. What modifications would you make?