March 13, 2012

Snacks on a Plane: Cake Batter Puppy Chow!


I recently went to Sevilla, Spain to visit a friend from college who is teaching English there. It's not so easy or fast getting from Manchester, New Hampshire to Europe. My trip began with a bus ride down to Boston followed by a flight to Miami, then onto Madrid, where i caught my final flight to Sevilla! I knew I would need snacks to keep me going during this  15+ hour journey and I've flown enough to know that what they give you on the plane isn't always going to cut it (see above picture for the interesting piece of cake i got with my in-flight meal!), so I decided to make a batch of The Girl Who Ate Everything's Cake Batter Muddy Buddy to snack on throughout my trip.


The Verdict: This Cake Batter Puppy Chow (I've renamed it because my pup Macaroni helped make this) is a super simple treat to assemble and even easier to scarf down. I had all the ingredients on hand and made it in about 15 minutes. One word of caution, make sure you thoroughly seal the container before you shake it all up or you will end up with a good amount of powder sugar/cake mix on your floor and you'll need a tiny wiener dog to help clean that up. This treat is a little messy to eat, so make sure you have a napkin nearby or a pair of jeans you don't mind getting dirty. Head over to Christy's blog for the recipe and make sure you pin this one on your treat board!

No comments:

Post a Comment