April 5, 2012

Big Peepin'

Easter treats and crafts started appearing on Pinterest about a month ago. Of course, my favorite ones included Peep Marshmallows as either an ingredient or material. I found these peep flowers from Mix, Mingle, Glow. If you can create something using candy, you're A-Okay in my book.

 
The Verdict: This is an easy and inexpensive project, totaling around $10 all together. Contrary to the top left picture, you do not need a dachshund puppy to make it either! Just a square vase, a round cup, peeps, M&Ms or jelly beans, and flowers! If you're a craft nerd, you get those 40-50% off coupons every week to either Jo-Ann Fabrics, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby. Don't deny it.  Use the coupon on the vase, because this will be your priciest item. (Hey, you can buy extra candy to actually eat with the $4 you're likely to save!) I substituted yellow Easter M&Ms for the green jelly beans that Robyn uses because it's what I had on hand, and that's what's great about this project, it's versatile. Use whatever candy, colors, and flowers you like. I brought mine to work to dress up my drab colorless office and got a few oohs and aahs from the ladies. Pin this one to your craft board, and bring along as a favor to your Easter Dinner this weekend.

 

1 comment:

  1. I can see the cake mug and wiener dog notepad I got you on your desk!

    ReplyDelete