April 3, 2012

Gimme S'more of That!

I'm addicted to my iPhone. I use it for work, to look at celebrity gossip, to take photos for my blog, and most importantly to view Pinterest on the go (Oh, and occasionally to talk to people). I was leisurely running errands late Saturday afternoon after going to the gym when I get a text from Mike saying "my family will be over at 5:00 and they're gonna be hungry. I'm probably not leaving work until 3:00". Great, so that left me to decide what we were having for dinner and to go get everything, (plus take a shower and do my hair real purdy!) So I pulled up my dinner and dessert boards, ran to the store, and picked out a meal and a sweet treat to have. I decided to go with Kevin and Amanda's Gooey S'mores Cookies, because shit, I love me some S'mores. Take a look at my baked-goods board, I have a plethora of s'mores goodies ranging from brownies to chocolate bars.


The Verdict: This recipe is your standard basic chocolate chip recipe, with a few added ingredients to really jazz it up! I have to admit, I feel very in-sync with this Amanda. I was in a rush when I was at the store and didn't have time to fully read her post. I went with cinnamon graham crackers and Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits without even realizing this is what she recommended (Plus, she has two super cute pups)! Obviously she is a very smart lady. The cinnamon graham crackers added an extra kick I think plain ones would have lacked and the Mallow Bits are just fun. I baked mine in a mini muffin pan for shits and giggles, but unfortunately left them in the oven for a little too long. They came out harder than I would have liked, but of course this is my fault and not one of the recipe. I would highly recommend these cookies, so go ahead and pin them. Just stick to the instructions and only bake for 10-12 minutes to ensure they come out gooey.

















No s'mores cookies for Mac, but he did enjoy a doggy ice cream that night for his birthday. He turned 2!




No comments:

Post a Comment