April 23, 2012

Chocolate Kiwi Popsicles

"Thanks for dinner. What's for dessert?" I asked Mike as were finishing up super on Saturday. "Dessert? Umm, there isn't any" Mike responded as he avoided eye contact with me. "I'll remember this..." I told him.

Still hankering for a sweet treat on Sunday, I pulled up my dessert board looking for a quick fix. My stomach caught eyes on ShowFood Chef's Chocolate Kiwi Popsicles. Maybe I would share with Mike, maybe I wouldn't due to his indiscretion the night before.


The Verdict: These were easy to assemble: kiwis, sticks, chocolate.The hardest part was waiting for them to freeze up to dip them! The tanginess of the kiwis mixed well with the sweetness of the chocolate to create a semi-healthy, but tasty dessert. I used chocolate almond bark, but I would highly recommend using a quality dark chocolate like Cathy suggests. Almond Bark is easy to use. You don't have to add oil or crisco for it to melt, but it can have a bit of bland taste to it. I added a little pizazz to these guys with a drizzling of white chocolate. If you're feeling extra adventurous, dip other fruits, preferably those that are coming into season for the summer and decorate with sprinkles or nuts. I'm partial to bananas, so they'll be next on the list. Pin these cool treats to try on a hot day.

I shared with Macaroni and eventually gave in and gave some to Mike too.

No comments:

Post a Comment