May 1, 2012

Bacon Corn Muffins with Savory Cream Cheese Frosting

I'm a cupcake addict, it runs in the family. My mom has a sweet tooth for cake, and well my sister, An American Cupcake in London, is on a whole other level. This affliction runs deep and tends to affect that extra X chromosome, so really there's no real hope for finding a cure or getting help. I needed a fix and didn't care what form it came it. When I saw Brian Boitano's Bacon Corn Muffins with Savory Cream Cheese Frosting on Pinterest, I didn't care that they weren't sugary. They had frosting and I was finding it difficult to stop thinking about all that bacon.


The Verdict: This recipe can do no wrong in my book because it's comprised of two of my favorite things: cupcakes and bacon. The corn muffin base is perfect; adding crumbled bacon and leftover fat keeps them moist and savory.

The frosting, which included cream cheese, honey, and hot sauce is rich. I used Frank's Buffalo hot sauce to give the frosting a nice orange color and to add an extra bit of tanginess. I swirled a good amount onto each mini muffin, but would cut back next time. A little goes a long way here. I think you'll be able to cram more down your gullet too this way!

Don't let the piping intimidate you. You can just slather the frosting, don't worry, no one cares (and if they do, you can reserve your right to share). These are quick enough to make on a work night and can be paired with whatever your little heart desires, so go ahead and pin them. We chose mini cheese cocktail wieners because nothing says classy better!

P.S - Please ignore the fact that someone forgot to tell the chef her fly was undone!

No comments:

Post a Comment