February 19, 2013

Banana Nutella Muffins

The kitchen in the new house is pretty great. Lots of counter space to make a mess on! Mike and I also went with a double oven so I can make dinner and dessert at the same time. I need my sweet treat right after I finish my meal! I've been putting the kitchen and oven to good use as the cold weather has been forcing me to spend so much time inside.

Pinterest led me to a recipe for Banana Nutella Muffins from the Novice Chef. Drool.


The hardest part of this recipe was waiting for the bananas to ripen! I must have bought extra green ones, because I had to wait about two weeks for the darn things to get even slightly spotty! It was pretty much smooth sailing after that. This is your basic banana muffin recipe spruced up with nutella and hazelnuts. These two ingredients however do not disappoint. They add at that smooth chocolate taste and a nice crunch, reminding me of a ferrero rocher. They only other bump I came across was swirling the nuttela into the muffins. I don’t know if my jar was just a little cold from sitting in the rather chilly pantry or what, but it didn’t mix as easily as I wanted. I reswirled the batter after the muffins had sat in the oven for a minute, which somewhat helped. I would try possibly microwaving the nutella in a cup next time before adding it into each muffin cup.

These were great with a cup of coffee in the morning, but also delicious enough for a sweet treat at night. Pin and bake for your next brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment